Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Let's talk about how much God hates me today.

I was planning on posting pictures today, but so far, everything has gone poorly... Especially, my timing. I tried to go to three banks to exchange my American money and all of them refused saying it was because I was not "un client." At this point, I think it might be because I'm America... or a woman... or una chica rubia (light/blonde hair) because it doesn't make any sense to me.

Today was the first day of school... Not too bad, but I'm even less fluent than I could have imagined. Classes are from 9:30 to 2:30 with a 15 and 40 minute break. The 40 minute break I used to try and go to my first bank... Huge failure. I'm at my program's office right now, but I have to leave in five minutes, so I'm beginning to feel a little frustrated with the schedules here.

However, I did experience Chinese food the Argentinian way today... It was very "rica" and so good to find. It helps that there is a China town around 20 blocks from school. The only problem was the rather disturbing clear, jellyfish arms that were in my hot and sour soup. Needless to say, I didn't finish it.

Es my dia suerte, I suppose. Oh well, tomorrow es un dia nuevo (a new day), and I think it has to go much smoother. With more luck, I will have time for blogging and putting more pictures here. I have so many stories! Hasta manana!

No comments:

Post a Comment